Monday, January 9, 2012

During the Holidays...

There was so much baking during this Holidays, some new recipes and lots of basic shaped cookies. One of my favourites were the Chocolate Coconut Snowballs found here. First of all I love oats in everything... so combining it with chocolate and coconut was a great combination!



Ingredients:

1 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (I used Organic, just to make myself a little bit better)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for rolling
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats


Melt the sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder and milk in a pot. Bring to boil and simmer (no more than 5 min.) Add the coconut and oats to the mixture. Roll into balls, once it is not too warm. Drop into bowl of coconut until covered. And store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment