Friday, January 6, 2012

This Morning's Breakfast

I love this hot oatmeal breakfast. Makes me feel good after eating it!

It takes about 10 minutes to make it .... so sometimes I forget about even making myself a breakfast, thinking later in the morning if I ate at all. After feeding the dog, following by a walk in the neighbourhood. Feeding the kids, and getting them ready for school...

Well I just wish I have remembered to eat like that every morning, it would definitely make the mornings better!
I use:
1 cup of soy milk
1/3 cup of old - fashioned oats
pinch of salt and cinnamon

Cook for about 10 minutes

Optional: blueberries, raspberries, apples, cranberries....etc.

Additional ideas: sprinkle of flax seed meal, or a toasted coconut, brown sugar, maple syrup (my favourite), thinly cut almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment