Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wheat-Free Muffins

For this recipe I have used a gluten-free all purpose flour, which is a combination of brown rice flour, sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, coconut flour, garbanzo bean flour, golden flaxseed meal. I have bought mine in the Bulk store. I have also purchased a xanthan gum which has to be added when bake, it help the baked goods from crumbling.

I have borrowed this book from the library called, Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults. And because I am so new in all this wheat-free and dairy-free thing, the instructions have to be as simple as possible at this point.



The result was great! I am so very happy how it turned out!
I think these muffins were the fluffiest I have even made.





Peanut Butter and  Jelly Muffins. 

Ingredients

2 eggs
2/3 cup milk (I have used almond milk)
2 tbsp. vanilla
3 tbspn. vegetable oil (I have used canola oil)
1/2 cup sugar (I have used brown sugar)
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour + 1/2 tspn. xanthan gum
1 tbsp. baking powder
2 tspn. baking soda
1/2 tspn. salt
3 tbspn. peanut butter
3 tbsp. jely or jam (I have used strawberry jam)

Directions


Preheat oven to 375C. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
Whisk eggs in the large bowl. Add the milk, vanilla, and oil. Whisk until ingredients are blended.
Add the sugar and whisk.
Add the flour + gum, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir with rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth.
Fill each of muffin tins one-third full with batter. Spoon 1/2 tspn. peanut butter in the center and  a 1/2 tspn. of jelly on top.
Bake for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment